Wednesday, June 17, 2020

DFI Session 7 - Thursday 18 June 2020


I found this session very engaging. It was really cool to learn more about Hapara and the purpose of the different features and how visible everything is from the different folders to blogs and emails.
I also had more of an insight to the Manaiakalani Journey and its alignment with Te Tiriti o Waitangi. I understood how important the partnership was between Manaiakalani and whanau, commercial businesses and developers. It was great to know that whanau are at the centre and part of all the decision making as this is all for our students/their children. I think I would like to try to add some videos of myself onto my site as I currently don't have any. I'll also use the smart surfing plan with my students to help them search and filter through their searches a bit better.


Hapara Hot tips
  • Making a new folder for students stops visibility
  • Removing browser tabs are available but talking to students would be best
Explain Everything 
  • Quite easy to use. I was able to explore the features and photos options which was handy. I guess I could use this programme as a way for students to explain and show their learning using the voice feature also. 


Digital Dig
  • Learning new shortcuts and tricks to navigate through Chromebooks was super helpful. 
Screencastify 
Using Screencastify for the first time today was great. I think I'll give this a go some time for explaining tasks. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz. Screencastify is amazing, you'll love using it I'm sure. Great for making rewindable resources. Do you think your students would find it useful too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    Yes I agree with Phil, Screencastify is amazing! There is so much potential to use this in the classroom, as a teacher and as a student. In what ways do you think your students could benefit from using screencastify in class?

    ReplyDelete